Bangladesh Bank unveils its much-expected half-yearly Monetary Policy Statement (MPS) for the period of January-June 2012. The MPS hints to pursue a restrained monetary growth path to check inflation and external sector pressures (import growth, as I understand). Some of the important focuses of MPS are:
1. Contain reserve money growth to 12.2%, broad money (M2) growth to 17.0% and private sector credit growth to 16.0%.
2. Ensure positive real interest rates.
3. Curb non-essential imports.
4. Stabilize external reserves.
5. Maintain an equilibrium exchange rate.
Here is the link for the official one.