Link of the news.
Certain issues need to be considered before any decision:
- Though it is going to increase BB's foreign reserves level, however it should be considered as the liability of the central bank (debt burden);
- The agreement should include guaranteed clause for pay-back and repatriation clause should be clearly defined;
- Interest rate, if any, should be market based and internationally comparable;
- Profit-sharing (or, loss-sharing) clauses should be clearly defined;
- Long-run investment should be considered for using this amount, no short-run (like Quick-rental power plant)